Well, it looks like my info was way wrong. There is a new Empire Axe coming and oooooh I love it!
The Axe 2.0 will retain the same bolt, shockwave board, solenoid and relay on/off. In other words, the gun should shoot just like the original Axe.
- Externally serviceable eyes
- Wrap-around rubber foregrip
- Driver XX Barrel
- 10% Lighter Body
- Small and lighter relay on/off
I am a huge fan of the Axe, I feel like it might be the best paintball gun ever made. This is the gun that I have been asking for and many players have wanted.
The gun looks great and all the added features make this gun compete on the same level as the Planet Eclipse Gtek and Etek 5. My biggest complaint about the Axe and Mini have forever been the inability to quickly clean the eyes, you literarily have to completely disassemble the gun to simply clean the eyes. The Axe Pro took care of the eye serviceability problems and it is great to see Empire take that design over to the Axe 2.0. The biggest change to the Axe 2.0 is the ability to clean the eyes quickly, it won’t jump out at a lot of people, but this is a big change for current and future Axe users.
Empire currently has the gun listed at $469.95 (2020).
That seems a bit low, wouldn’t be surprised if it is a mistake. Price has been confirmed.
- Shockwave board offers multiple adjustable firing modes (Semi, Ramp, Burst, Full Auto)
- Relay venting ASA regulator with On/Off lever
- Push button bolt removal system for tool-less engine maintenance
- Lightweight and accurate Driver XX two-piece barrel
- 10% Weight savings over previous the generation Axe
- Integrated Break-Beam Anti-Chop Eyes + Multiple Firing Modes
- Wrap-around fore grip for protection from elements and increased grip
- Venting ASA regulator with ON/OFF lever
- Only two hex wrenches needed for all screws
- Pressure controlled poppet engine for outstanding performance
Will ship in February
Launch color: Black, Black/Copper, Green/Black, Grey/Red
Really looking forward to getting my hands on one of these bad boys!
The Axe 2.0 is out! Watch the full review below.